Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

One day, I just ran.....

I cant really say that one day I just decided to start running. It was more of a gradual thing. It kinda happened by accident. I quit smoking summer of 2008. I was 34yrs old. It wasn't the easiest thing in the world for me! By the end of the year I gain about 30 pounds was pretty close to 200 pounds. I have never weighed that much in my whole life! But I was still smoke free.
I started whole gym thing in the middle of winter, but never really cared for it. I hated the mundane routine of lifting weights. I wasn't crazy about all the people in there either. That lasted for about a 5-6 weeks.
When springtime came around I started walking a lot. I walked everywhere and all the time. I loved being outdoors enjoying the fresh air and I loved the way my legs felt after a long walk.. I remember feeling like running every time I walked so one day I did. I can tell you exactly where it was when I realized that this was I wanted to do. I ran behind the Town Hall on Negus St. It wasn't even an 1/8 of a mile. Probably just the length of the building. But the way my legs felt, the way the wind felt on my face, right then and there I knew. I knew that this was what I wanted to do.

Fast forward 3yrs... to the present... still smoke free.

I like to think of myself as a runner. There is still a lot I want and need to learn. But after many races, after many injuries, after all the pain I have gone through, I think I have earned to be called a runner.

With this blog I want to share with you my experiences as I continue to grow as a runner. I have read many blogs on running and of stories of other runners, and they have inspired me. I hope that my blog can do the same to others.

- Jose

No comments: