Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

I think I sprained my ankle..

I don't remember when. I dont actually know if I did. But I have this weird discomfort on my left leg around the ankle area. I wouldn't call it pain, but it bothers me. Especially when I stand or walk. It's kind of like a sharp pain except it doesn't really hurt. Sounds weird but that is the best way that I can explain it. It started on Wednesday and it didn't hurt when I ran on Thursday. I actually felt good after my run. But today it was bothering me.
Massaging feels great. I was rubbing my foot just about all day at work :) ... I stopped at Walgreens this afternoon and bought an ankle brace:

It feels good on my ankle. Tried to stay off it today as much as possible. I planned on running tomorrow, but will have to see how it feels in the morning. Maybe I'll just do a short and slow 2-3 miles. But I still plan on my long run on Sunday.
Grrr!! This frustrates me! I just signed up for those two half marathons. I keep telling myself "Just hold until next Sunday... I'll rest you after Sunday".... and I will too. For a few days. But then I have to get ready for Springfield on the 28th. I'll be fine.... I hope.

1 comment:

Scott Cravey said...

Were you running on an uneven ground back then? Because that’s what most likely caused the sprain. From the looks of it, it seems what you got is a grade I sprain; a type of sprain that doesn’t cause much pain and is curable by rest and cold compress.

Scott Cravey @ U.S. HealthWorks