Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I done did it now!

Yes I did...... I signed up for two half marathons next month! The Rock 'n Roll Providence Half on Aug. 7th (Next Weekend!!!!) and the Springfield Half on Aug. 30th... I know one is less than 2wks away, but I'm ready. I've been running like I have been training for it. This will be 2nd and 3rd half marathons for me. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Thinking about it gives me that " I need to go to the bathroom" feeling.... if you know what I mean. -_-

Yesterday I ran 5 miles during lunch. It was a weird run. I felt good at the start, but half way through I struggled to stay in pace. I almost wanted to stop and walk for a bit. It was like my feet were on fire. I didn't stop though. As with most runs, any pain of discomfort I get usually goes away after a while. It was the same with this run, but it lasted for about a mile and a half. I should be used to it by now, but I still struggle to understand why it is I have these ups and downs during a run. The last mile of the 5 mile run was ok. I ran all the way into my work parking lot, which I normally start walking right before I get to it. I felt great after the run.

I plan on doing another 5+ today. I'll take tomorrow off. Do another 5 to 7 on Saturday and a long run on Sunday. I'm going to shoot for 12 miles. That should prep me up for Providence next week.

I excited!!! I can't wait! ................ I need to go to the bathroom now.

No comments: