Pages

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Freeze Your Thorns Off 5K

Freeze Your Thorns Off 5K recap

For January, this has been a really warm month. I think we have had 4-5 days where it was below 20 degrees for a high for the day. Other than that, it's been in the upper 30s, 40s, 50s and we even hit a 60 degree day this month. For today's 5k, temperature was in the mid 40's.... so there was no freezing my thorns off today.

Figure my number would show my age group


I had to drop my car off for an oil change today, so I figured I would start my run from there. I ran good warm up mile before starting my Garmin. I had no planned run set up. I figured I would just run a 5K somewhat in the direction of my house and stop the Garmin when I hit the 3.1 mile mark.
Running a 5K by myself is way harder than running one with a group or an actual 5K race. I tend to pace other runners or use the runner ahead of me as a goal to reach to keep me moving. In this 5K I kept looking at my Garmin to see how fast I was going and to see where I was in the race. I kept a good average 7min per mile pace. Official time was 21:59.


Not to shabby for my first virtual 5K. It will be interesting to see where I placed with the rest of the participants.

I ran the extra 2 miles to the house after the 5K. Didn't bother using the Garmin for that. Showered up and ate lunch. Was about to go out for a bit, but as soon as I stepped outside I realized my car was still at the shop..... DOH!!

6 comments:

K said...

Very Nice!!!

Char said...

Ha ha. Just imagining the look on your face when you went to get into your car. Hey, who hasn't done it?!!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Hahaha... be honest. Did you say, "Dude, where's my car?!"

Jose said...

hahaha!..... exactly what came to mind!!... LOL

The Unexpected Runner said...

Ha! I go for runs when I drop my car off too....I'm sure they think I'm a freak, especially when they call a couple hours later to tell me my car is ready & I tell them I'll be there as soon as I finish my run ;-)

Char said...

Bubbles is a miniature fox terrier cross who's used to lazing on a bed all day. She's loving having these walks - she just isn't that fit.