Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

My Garmin - Now I get it!

First of all, I want to thank everyone who pointed me to the Garmin Connect site. As I was creating a profile on this site, it told me that my username was already in use. I was like "wutt?".... Then I light went on in my head (not that bright of a light BTW)... When I first got the Garmin as was setting it up on my computer, the CD had directed me the Garmin Connect site and had me create an account. I faintly remember it asking me if I wanted to use Garmin Connect... and I faintly remember clicking NO :( .... after reading the manual I figured out how to set it so that it sees each mile as a lap. So all is good in my world :)

I finally saw my run stat the way I wanted to see it. Here is my 13 miler from yesterday.

As you can see, we were a tab bit slower in the beginning because this part of the run there was a lot of traffic. Plus I got stopped twice, by the same person, asking for directions. I really didn't want to stop, but at the same time I didn't want to be rude and just keep on running.

I'll be taking it back a notch in running these next 2 weeks. Mileage wise anyways. I start my official training the week of the 30th. I'm also going to find out from the running club who is also doing Worcester Marathon. It would be nice to get a group of people to train with.

No run today. Actually not much of anything today. Got home late last night from the Patriots game. I just vegged all day today. My body felt like it needed a good rest day. I gladly obliged. 

Have a great week everyone!!


7 comments:

Michael said...

Glad you got your garmin data working. I love to look at all my info! Go Patriots!!

Kenley said...

I have yet to actually buy a garmin, but that is something I plan to do this year. I am glad that you figured that out, and the charting is awesome. Takes all the guess work and tapping buttons out. Look forward to reading more. Now am following your blog. Take care. I have never trained with anyone for a race, but might for the OBX marathon in November. We'll see.

Bill Fine said...

'bout time you figured out your Garmin! LOL I got mine when I was training for my first marathon, and have totally fallen in love with it!

BTW, how did you get that countdown timer onto your page? I must be a goober, but I want to add one of those to mine and haven't figured out how to do it? Any help will be most appreciated!

Pam @ herbieontherun.com said...

Well, I don't feel like such a dolt now. lol I thought I was the last person on earth to use Garmin Connect! I've been using the Garmin for two years this Christmas and only started using Connect a few weeks ago. :)

The Boring Runner said...

Hey man!! First, so awesome that you were at the Patriots game. That had to have been AMAZIZING.

Second, yeah, garmin connect is pretty awesome. Although, i'm old school and still use the desktop version. OLD SKOOL!

Finally, don't be nervous for your first marathon. That was actually the first time that I had cramping issues. Trust your race plan your training and all will fall into alignment!

Jose said...

Thanks everyone for your comments!!

@Adam Thanks for the encouraging words!

Jose said...

@ Bill - If you click on the countdown banner, it will take you to the website to create one. Once you create one, it will give you the HTML code that you can put into a "gadget" in your blog.