Pages

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Got my runs in!

Busy work week! I haven't posted in my blog since Sunday. Not that I post a lot to begin with, but I usually log in during the week and read up on blogs that I follow and sometimes post on Thursdays. I hadn't even logged my week's runs on Garmin Connect or on Dailymile until today.

Training schedule for this week called for:

Sunday - cross
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 4 miles
Wednesday - 7 miles
Thursday - 4 miles
Friday - rest
Saturday - 14 miles
Total = 29 miles

This is how it went:


Sunday - 5 mile run\10+ mile bike ride
Monday - 3 Mile run with the club at 6:30PM (forgot my Gamin at home)
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - 5 miles during my lunch hour
Thursday - 6 miles at 5am before work
Friday - 3 miles during my lunch hour
Saturday - 14.5 miles
Total miles runs = 36.5

It being a busy week at work, I was worried that I wasn't going to get my runs in. That's why I ran on Monday night with the running club and ran before work on Thursday. Friday was just a stress release day. I NEEDED that run! Today's 14 miler followed the same route as last weeks 15 miler minus the extra loop I did last week to make it 15. It snowed the whole run!! Big wet heavy snow flakes!! I was drenched by the time I got home. It ended up to be 14.5 just because as I didn't want to stop the run at some weird number like 14.39. So I ran until the Garmin read 14.5 :) The run took 2hrs and 2mins to complete with an average pace of 8:27. I'm content with that run.

I have an achy knee at the moment. I'm icing it and relaxing today. Tomorrow, weather permitting, I will most likely go for another long bike ride. If not, I'm making it a rest day. I think my knee can use a day off. Next weekend's long calls for 17 miles! Woot!!
_

What are your running plans for the weekend?
_

Yikes! Worcester Marathon is 2 months away!!
_

Enjoy your weekend!!

5 comments:

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

Graet job!!

Bill Fine said...

well done!!! It didn't really snow here, just a few flakes mixed in with rain, but your run now looks EPIC because of the snow!!

I'm fully into taper mode now, but I still need to get some miles in this weekend, so I think it's time to hit the road!

P.S. Tell your blog I'm not a robot! (I really hate that word verification thingie!)

Jose said...

Holy crap.... I never knew I had the word verification thingie! I just removed it!.... sorry.

Char said...

I thought winter was over in your part of the world. Not much fun to be snowed on for an entire run.
That was a really good running week. Be proud of yourself :)

Michael said...

Wow, I can't believe it snowed where you were this weekend, and was 90 degrees in Kansas City. Crazy weather. Great job getting your miles in during a busy week. It's hard to work everything in sometimes that's for sure.