Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Tomorrow finally came

On Saturday we were expecting 4" of snow. I told myself "Good. This will force me to take another day off ". I figured I would give myself another day to rest my back. But I was up early and the snow was barely falling. My back still ached a little bit, but it was no where near what it was like a few days earlier. I took my dogs out to do their business and as I breathed in the cold crisp air, I changed my mind and decided to do it. I went back in, changed up and I was out within 15mins.
I figured I would feel it out. I would go at it slow and if I felt anything funny, I would stop and walk or if really bad call home for a ride. A mile into it and I was feeling good. I stopped only to see how my back was feeling. Tight, but no pain. I ended up doing a good 3 miles and felt real good at the end. No pain or aches. It was a slower than normal run though. But it was a run and that was all that matters.... It never snowed by the way..... all we got was a dusting.

-

Today, I woke up and I knew that I was running again. My marathon plan called for a 9 mile run today, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Next weekend's "long run" called for a 6 miler, so I figured I would try to do that today and just do the 9 next weekend. I didn't take my Garmin with me today. I just wanted to run and enjoy it today.

Today's weather at 10am this morning: 
The wind made it feel like -2 degrees! Aint going to lie.... it was F'N cold out there!!!!

I pulled out 5 miles. I mile shorter than what I wanted, but I'm not disappointed. I ran and I'm happy with that. My back felt tight at first, but loosened up quick. By mile 2, I was feeling really good, but still kept it a slower pace than normal. The last thing I want is to hurt my back again.
I'm jumping right back into my marathon training. This week calls for a 3-5-3 milers. I'm sure that mile I lost today, I will throw back in one of these these runs. Feels good to be back to running. I know it was only like 8 days of no running, but you know how it is, 8 days in a runners life is like 8 years. LOL... 

-
Today I invite my family & friends to follow my blog via my Facebook page. They all know that I have a passion for running. Some don't know how far that passion burns. Most just think that I'm crazy. 


Welcome to my world!! 



3 comments:

Char said...

Good news! And a very sensible approach to getting back into it.

Michael said...

It's snowing here this morning - we are supposed to get 4 inches, so we shall see.

Glad your back is feeling better and you were able to get out there and run. The cold weather doesn't help loosen things up much.

Christi said...

That is great news! Back pain sucks so to hear you are feeling better is awesome!