Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Good week

This week's training has been a real good so far. The fact that I'm on vacation really makes easy to go on runs. I can run at whatever time I want and for how ever long I want. Plus the weather has been perfect. Yesterday was in the mid 50's and today promises to be the same. Perfect running weather!!
Even though the running has been great this week, the best part of this week is has been spending time with my two favorite girls in the world: 

Man... I can really live like this! I can do the whole stay at home dad thing...Unfortunately, the bills don't pay themselves and I kinda like having a roof over my head. :)


While at the mall yesterday with the girls, we walked past a sporting goods store called Finish Line. Their display of running sneakers at their entrance was like looking at the doorway to heaven. < Insert heavenly choir > ..... It pulled me right it!! Never in my life, would I ever think, that I would feel this way about running sneakers. I was in awe at all the new model Nike, Reebok, Asics and Brooks. One pair in particular caught my eye:

Let me drool for a bit......

I loved the way they looked and felt. I only felt them with my hands though, because if I had tried them on, I would have walked out with them. Support wise they are comparable the New Balance 940 that I currently run in. But the $140 price tag really holds me back. *sigh* ......
*cough* Birthday around the corner *cough* 10 1/2 *cough* anyone? *cough*
whew... where did that come from..... 

_
This weekend's long run calls for 11 Miles. I just got a email from a co-worker inviting me to go Hyannis to go cheer on his sons run the Hyannis Half. He will also be putting on some mile himself while there. I might just join him and do the same. It would be a good way to end my vacation.

_
Going for my run now!....... Have a good one all!!


5 comments:

Christi said...

That sounds like an awesome vacation! I know I am enjoying my free time. I can workout as much as I want for as long as I want. I may never want another job again!

You have beautiful girls!

Enjoy the rest of your vacation!

B.o.B. said...

gotta love a week like that! and i'm sure someone will hear all that coughing and buy you...cough medicine. womp womp.

bobbi said...

I love Brooks. So worth the price tag. I put them on and my feet feel HOME.

Your girls are so pretty - glad you've had such a nice break!

Char said...

!140 for a pair of good runners is so cheap! Over here there are so many taxes and duties on them that we have to pay at least $200. I've taken to buying from overseas. Internet shopping - gotta love it!

Jose said...

Thank you all... my girls are my world to me!!