Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Yay, another race tomorrow!

Ran into this site while I was searching for upcoming races at work today. A 5k race, a tech T-Shirt, food, music and beer, 15mins from my home?...... don't mind if I do!! They had an onsite registration from 5-8 tonight so I swung by there after work and signed up.


I have never worn a race day shirt on the actual race day, but I think tomorrow will be my first. Funny how this is the 5th Annual race and it's the first time I've heard of it....

.... so that's my plan for this weekend.... at least for tomorrow :)

----

I ran on Thursday 7 miles during my lunch time. I forgot my head phones to my iPhone so I ran with no music :( ...Last mile back I saw Ernie, a coworker that also runs during lunch, about 1/4 mile in front of me in the straight away. I picked up the pace and headed towards him. The bastard happened to look back and saw me coming and also picked up the pace! HA! I struggled to catch up but couldn't! Came close, about 25ft when he reach the work parking lot.... We had a good laugh when I caught up. Ernie is a good guy. He's about 50yrs old and has been running for about 15yrs. He is a real inspiration to me.

Today I ran shy of 5 miles during lunch. Good easy pace, nothing crazy. Today I didn't forget my headphones... :) I'll give it my all tomorrow during the race!

No comments: