Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Next Journey

I've been in a Mac OSX training class all week in Cambridge, Ma. Lots of new stuff to take in, but I'm on my way in becoming certified. Just a little something to add to my resume!
_

On Wednesday morning (as most of you already read) I wake up to the news that I have been given a time waived number to run the 2013 Boston Marathon, thanks in part to my volunteering time with the running club.

I've been so busy all week with the training that I haven't had time to fully grasp this. It wasn't 'til this weekend when I got home that it really hit me. I'll be running the Boston Marathon come April!! What an awesome early Christmas present this is. It will also be an early birthday present since my birthday is on April 16th, the day after the marathon. Unreal.....

So as long as god permits and I stay injury free, I will do this! I have never run a marathon before in my life until last year in June. Now here I am scheduled to run my third one in less than a year. How crazy is that??

I will follow the same 18 week training schedule I used in my last two marathons. But as in my last one, I plan to run extra miles when it comes to my long runs. Mentally and physically, it helped me out. It starts this week.

So without any further ado.... follow me in my next journey....

.....Let's do this!!!

6 comments:

Bill Fine said...

you know I'm in.....I'm going to be cheering you on every step of the way, my friend!

Char said...

That's so exciting for you. Boston is the Holy Grail for runners and you'll be there.

Anonymous said...

Boston! Can it get any better for you!

Christi said...

May you have an injury free training cycle!

Kenley said...

AWESOME MAN. GOD WILL PERMIT I BELIEVE. BEST WISHES ON YOUR TRAINING. CANT WAIT TO FOLLOW. MAKE SURE YOU SUPPLY UPDATES.

Beth said...

Awesome!! I am so happy for you! May you have injury free running and LOVE running Boston!! So cool!!