Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

My Story



The Worcester Marathon is held by a company called USRA. The recently sent an email requesting people to email them their story as to why you are running Worcester. Every couple of days or so the send out selected stories via email to everyone on their email list. Last week I read a couple good stories and decided to send mine in for the heck of it.

Today, after my lunch time run, I had a few minutes to kill and was on Facebook for a bit. Within minutes, I got a few messages from some people from the running club telling me that they just read my story in an email from the USRA. I immediately checked my Gmail account and sure enough it was there. You don't win anything for this, but it's kinda cool that they used my story some people noticed it.

Here is a screenshot of the email:
Click to Enlarge


15 days away... yikes!!!!

6 comments:

bobbi said...

That is so so COOL! I'm getting so excited for you!!

Bill Fine said...

great story, Jose......and you're going to have a GREAT race! Keep it up, man!

The Unexpected Runner said...

A great story! I am so excited for you! I have no doubt in my mind that you will do awesome in this race. Just remember to enjoy the experience! It's only your 1st time once ;)

Amber said...

Wow thats really cool you got picked out of the crowd! Your gonna rock it!

Anonymous said...

You are a celebrity now! I don't know if I can hang out with you any more...

jt00ct said...

Good luck, you will never forget the first, it's an awesome feeling!