Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday night ramblings

Another good week of training. Training call for 5-5-5 this week. I pulled out roughly 5-6.5-4.5. Not bad. This weekend's long run calls for 19 miles. I'm excited about it but nervous at the same time. I have never run that far before. I have a new route mapped out that should hopefully keep me busy looking around at the new scenery and not on the mileage.
-

I was reading Trent's blog over at Running from Mediocrity and he just ran his first 20 miler of his training. I like how he mentioned that he felt a post long run buzz the next day after his long run. I felt the same way about my 17 miler this weekend. I honestly felt like I accomplished something great. I'm hoping to feel the same after my long run this weekend as well. What a great feeling that is. Trent is doing his first marathon a week after I do my first marathon. It's been interesting to read about his training. I can really relate to what he is going through right now. Please follow him and wish him well on his training!
-

I wish you you all good runs this weekend! Please send me some positive vibes as I conquer my first ever 19 miles!


7 comments:

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

Can't wait to hear about your run! You are amazing!

The Unexpected Runner said...

Take it slow, relax and enjoy...A new distance pr is exciting! Can't wait to hear how it went :)

bobbi said...

Good luck this weekend! I'll be with you in spirit (running my first 20 of this cycle tomorrow :) )

Bill Fine said...

You'll do great....and the weather is PERFECT!!! Have fun and I'm already looking forward to your write-up!!!

Christi said...

Have a great run! I know you will conquer it!

Michelle said...

You're going to do great! Can't wait to hear how it goes :)

Trent (Scott) Lorcher said...

Thanks for the kind words and hope that 19-miler went well.