Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Remember Me?

Oh, Hi there! Remember me?



Man I have been slacking in the blogging dept! It feels like life has been moving at 100mph lately and I haven't really had the time to sit down and catch my breath. So I'm taking a deep breath now and exhaling slowly....

So what's new with me?
Pic from my Instagram account

Still running but taking easy lately. I'm honestly still not 100% since Boston. Still have the case of the achy feets (foots?). Some days I'm fine and some days I can barely run 2 miles. The pain is not enough to keep me from running, but enough for me to be cautious about how much I run and how fast I run. Frustrating, but Its been working for me. Not pulling the doctor card yet. My insurance sucks and the deductible is outrageous. So that will be a last resort. Sad that the cost of outweighs the thought of seeing a doctor. But that's the price we pay for having a job and paying taxes and having bills. It's the way it is...

Anyways... I have some races lined up. 
- July 4th - a 4.9 mile race that has some great raffle prizes afterwards. Everything from toilet paper to toolboxes. Almost everyone gets something. Makes for some great laughs.
- July 12th -RTB 10 Mile trail race. The last time I did a trail race (2yrs ago) was a 10 miler also and I did horrible. Hoping to do better this time.
- August 13th - Running with the Wolves 10k. I've done this one the past 3 years and is one of my favorites. This year though, I will be driving back from Florida on the 12th (18+ hours) to arrive on the 13th and head straight to the race. This will be interesting!.
- August 17th - Falmouth Road Race. This a 7 mile race that is a huge event. I think mostly because its a lottery to get in. And a lot of big name elites run it. I signed up for and did not realize I got in til a friend told me I did. I had to check my bank account to confirm that I got billed.
- September 6th - Canal Diggers 5k. This a great race with free food and drinks afterwards. Its a great time! Plus this race is my current 5k PR (19:59)- If healthy enough, I'm looking to PR again this time!
- September 20th - Spartan Beast in Vermont - I'm gonna die

For now that's it. I'm sure a few more will be added. What I'm not doing this fall is a full marathon. As much as my mind (and ego) wants to do one, my body is telling me otherwise. I'll skip the fall and get healthy as I have plans to hopefully run Boston again in 2015. - Yes, Boston once again!

----
So that's it for now. I'm hoping to blog again soon and more frequently.

Have a great week everyone!!

4 comments:

Jim ... 50after40 said...

I think its a wise choice to take it easy for a while and get your body right. Hope to see you in Boston in 2015, but right now its looking more like 2016.

Anonymous said...

Smart listening to your body...and I feel ya on pulling the doctor card. I only do it in emergencies!

Char said...

Welcome back Jose. Good to hear that you're still alive and kicking. Sorry to hear that your kicking feet are still a bit sore.

Michelle said...

Good to hear from you! Sorry your feet on totally cooperating yet. Hopefully some time off will help!