Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts

It's been a crazy week. Monday I had planned a run at work during lunch, but half way to work I realized that I left my sneakers back at home.... doh!! The thought of turning around ran through my head, but that would have turned my commute into 1hr and 20mins IF I didn't run into traffic. So no run on Monday.
_
Tuesday & Wednesday I was at our Danbury, CT office. This it about 2 1/2 hrs away from home. Worked some long days, but I did get a run in on a treadmill at the hotel gym. This was the second time I have ever run on one. Took me a bit to figure the damn thing out. I pressed some preconfigured random run and I only lasted 15mins. It was way to fast and the inclines were way to tough. Plus I forgot to mention it was 4:30am and I was still half asleep. Images of people falling off treadmills on youtube kept running through my mind.


So I took a 5min break, drank some water and jumped back on. This time I started at a steady 10min mile pace and then hit the random button to get some inclines in. About a mile into it I started getting in the grove. Ran for a good 45min and worked my way to a steady 7:30 the last 10mins of the run. That was by far the best run on a treadmill I have ever done. I just hope I don't have to do it again.
_
Today I got a good 6 miles in during lunch. It was good to be outside for this one. Temps were in the upper 30's. But it was windy. The run back to the office was was a tough one. Felt like someone was holding my shirt from the back as I tried to move forward....LOL
_

Oh... I got that Asian Massage yesterday. It was OK. I mean I felt good and relaxed afterwards, but I dont think it actually fixed anything. My friends were telling me that sometimes it takes more than one session to really work out any kinks in the muscles. eh... I'll think about it.
_
One last thing before I go catch up on the blogs that I follow... The Unexpected Runner,  was the 2nd place winner of my giveaway. I want to  publicly apologize for not getting your prize in the mail yet. I walked into my office today after being on the road and I saw the box still sitting there. I promise to get it out to you ASAP!!

Hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comment:

adena said...

OMG those videos are hilarious!! Nice job getting in the dreaded treadmill run.