Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chilly 10 mile run today...

Thanks to those who played along in the tagging game. It was fun reading your 7 tidbits about yourselves.

-
Ran 10 miles this morning. The temperature was a chilling 18 degrees when I walked the door. It wasn't so bad until I hit one of the main roads and the wind picked up. My nose took a while to adjust to the cold air. It hurt to breathe!! At about mile 2 everything felt OK (when the wind wasn't blowing). I planned 10 miles, but told myself as I was running that if I got too cold I would cut it short and head back after at least getting 5 miles in. Toughed it out though. Luckily the sun was shinning and helped keep me somewhat warm.
Plus, it helped that ran with a nice warm Santa hat. Sure I was getting stares as I ran through town. But I'm that weird running guy.... I'm used to it :)

-
I got a nice surprise this morning when I checked my twitter account:

I totally forgot that I had entered his contest. It was a great way to kick off my morning run! Thanks Jeff.

-
Tomorrow starts another busy week at work. Ya'll have a great one!!

2 comments:

Jim ... 50after40 said...

Awesome win! 18 degrees is nippy ... I don't look forward to to those temps for a while. You're right, the face is always the worst - mine goes numb sometimes. Probably not a good thing.

Michael said...

Congrats on the giveaway win. I've won a few and it's always awesome!

I am already tired of the cold weather runs and they really just started. I bought a baraclava recently....it helps keep your face warm but is really pretty hard to run in.